The lab you choose makes a difference.
The Plastic Expert Group has a network of testing laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Our network laboratories are accredited and/or certified.
We perform most ASTM methods on plastics including:
- CPVC fire sprinkler pipe (ASTM F442)
- PVC and CPVC potable water piping (ASTM F1785)
- PEX pipe (F2788)
- PE-AL-PE pipe (ASTM F1281)
- Chemical compatibility of plastics (ASTM D543)
- Tensile testing (ASTM D638)
- Composition analysis using FTIR (ASTM E1252)
- Thermal analysis using DSC/TGA/DMTA (ASTM D3417)
- Molecular weight analysis using SEC (ASTM D5296)
- Shore Durometer Hardness (ASTM D2240)
- Weatherability testing (ASTM D 2565)
- Impact strength (ASTM D1709)
- Filler content (ASTM D5630)
- Additives analysis using LC-MS
- Fracture surface analysis using SEM
Because our experts have extensive background in all areas of plastics, they can research and report the vital facts in any litigation involving the failure of plastic materials including PVC, CPVC, Nylon, PP, PE, PS, PC, PET, rubber, coatings, adhesives, and composite materials.
Our lead failure expert (Dr. Duane Priddy) is highly recognized for his scientific contributions to the science of plastic materials. Two of Dr. Priddy’s papers; “Why Plastic Parts Occasionally Fail” and “Why PVC/CPVC Pipes Occasionally Fail” are available to request.
Our teams of experts analyze and research every aspect of plastic failure, including the manufacturing process to determine whether the cause of failure is due to product design, improper processing procedure, material handling, or contamination. Our experts’ personal involvement in the investigations gives them the ability to report not only the facts, but the procedures used to obtain those facts.
Since our experts are world-renowned scientists and authors (as evidenced by >500 scientific papers, >100 US Patents, many books, and encyclopedia articles on plastics), our expert opinion reports are meticulously written and scientifically accurate as evidenced by many client testimonials. Please feel free to contact any of our references.
Obtain a quote for our forensic failure analysis services.